Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Kids Room: Part 1

Kilz brand White primer in a bucket, shot whil...                                    Image via Wikipedia
As I mentioned in a previous post over a month ago, I am attempting to pull together a shared bedroom for my 4 year old boy and 2 year old girl. I chose a color palette and bought the paint a week or so ago. I managed to get the room emptied and spackled before we left for the weekend.  Then yesterday morning I sanded and wiped down the walls and put drop clothes down and taped up all the moulding. Then I went out in the afternoon and didn't get started actually putting primer on the walls until 7 p.m. I bought Killz having heard that it was a good primer, but at 9 p.m., after applying one coat,  I could still see lots of blue haze.  

This morning Elisabeth woke me up at 5:45 and after getting her back to bed I found that I couldn't go back to sleep. My right arm was aching from painting. So I got up, took some ibuprofen and started putting on a second coat of primer.  The kids woke up at 8:15 as I was finishing up. I can still see a bit of a blue haze, but I'm hoping it won't matter.  

I began feeling optimistic that I could get this room painted with the exception of the accent wall before my mom arrives tomorrow evening. But after last night and this morning, I'm dubious. (BTW, my husband left on a business trip yesterday morning and won't be getting back until after my mom arrives.) I used to be able to get things done by pure determination, but I haven't done hard work like this in quite awhile and my body is rebelling. Not only that, but I have only ever painted a room once before but not by myself and even then a friend came to our rescue. So, we'll see how far I get.....  and how this all turns out.....
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: