Friday, October 08, 2010

The Plan for Today - While in Brooklyn NY

Our apartment is in a brownstone off of this sidewalk
Yesterday we kept it simple and stayed in the vicinity of our one-room apartment as planned. I took the kids to the park in the afternoon and then came back to the apartment and made the kids macaroni and cheese. The apartment, which was rented by Kelly's company for our two week stay, isn't "furnished" with a colander so I strained the macaroni through a coffee filter.
The biggest negative about being here right now is Kelly's change in schedule. He leaves around 8:30 am and get's home at 6:30. It makes for a long day for me especially if we are in this small apartment for too long. Thankfully, there is an awesome park just across the street from the brownstone building containing our accommodations. Our dinner schedule has been thrown off, as Kelly and I are eating much later than at home. Last night, he brought home some yummy Turkish food and we ate every drop of it! The kids helped even though they had already eaten.
Today I'm planning to take the kids to the park again for a bit this morning and then come back for an early lunch. Afterwards, I hope to load up the stroller, make a stop at Target, and then jump on the subway to Prospect park. I have been using this website called Mommypoppins.com which has been helpful. I found a post on there about a couple of consignment shops in the Prospect Park area. So maybe we'll make a couple of stops on they way to there. Among the normal attractions of a park, Prospect Park also has a zoo. We'll hop on the subway back near here and then walk to Kelly's work - God willing.  This is my plan. We'll see what really happens today......

No comments: