Wednesday, January 06, 2010

A Dash of this....

This is by no means a cooking blog, but I was so happy with this new recipe I made today that I wanted to share. My grandmother's clam dip and chips, Kelly's grandmothers sausage balls, and my moms fudge tempted us constantly over the holidays with their sweet and savory goodness. Needless to say we indulged quite a bit and now need to visit South Beach once again. Phase 1 is challenging to plan meals for, so I did a little internet searching a came across a recipe for a spicy pinto bean soup that sounded tasty and very "doable." Soup is just the thing to hit the spot around here with temperatures remaining unseasonably cold with high's in the 30's. Burrrr.... I did make a couple of changes though - I used one Serano pepper instead the can of peppers and left out the optional ham flavor concentrate (never heard of that before). It was really good! Has a little kick to it, but again just the thing to warm you up on a cold day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmm that looks good! i am on a soup kick...not sure if bryant is too thrilled about it, but i like it;)

hopefully see you all soon! hope you had a good holiday. love, rachel