Tuesday, March 17, 2009

To Nap or Not To Nap?

At 2 1/2, Jonah has almost completely given up naps. He will go almost a whole week without one and then we'll have a week like this week. A couple of days ago, we had a church meeting out our home and I put him in his room for a while. My intention was to have a quieter living room, but he ended up falling sleeping. Today, I gave him a snack about 2 p.m. and noticed him rubbing his eyes and not his normal energetic self. After giving him a drink, I asked if he'd like to take a nap. He responded by heading to his room and saying, "Otay." I followed him as he climbed into bed and said, "blanket." I covered him up, turned on some music and left the room. I haven't heard a peep out of him since. The baby also had a 2 hour nap that overlapped Jonah's, so I was able to get a couple of loads of clothes folded and put away without any interruption. Jonah's naps are more like unexpected gifts now rather than a daily expectation.

1 comment:

ladyjackalope said...

Sounds like a blessing in disguise,as long as there is no health problem,little bodies needing their rest,so Mommy can get some things done.Take care and love to all,Grandma Theresa